School & Camp Groups
East Park is the perfect destination for school trips. We offer a year-end Outdoor Activity Package and Fall and Winter Adventure Based Learning Programs.
East Park welcomes school and camp groups to participate in one of the following year-end outdoor activity packages:
Package A includes one game of mini-golf and splashpad
Package B includes waterslides and splashpad (excludes wavepool)
Choose any 3 of the activities listed below
Choose any 4 of the activities listed below
- Mini-Golf (1 Game)
- Driving Range (Small Bucket)
- Batting Cages (3 Tokens)
- Splashpad Only
- *Go-Karts – 1 Ride (approx. 10 min) – Minimum 10 years of age and 4’ 6” in height. Go-Karts are fully supervised by trained staff. *(Counts as 2 activity choices)
- *Waterpark – includes waterslides and splashpad (excludes wavepool) *(Counts as 2 activity choices)
In case of rain, outdoor activities may be exchanged for indoor activities.
All pricing is based on weekday visits for groups of 30 or more. Weekend or smaller group pricing may vary. For lunch, we provide fully serviced picnic areas, complete with tables. All taxes are extra.
- All Day Jungle Gym (Maximum 12 years of age)
- Bumper Cars (3 Rides) – Minimum height of 40”
- Rock Climbing (1 Climb)
Adventure Based Learning Programs
This program meets the requirements of Ontario’s Health & Physical Education Curriculum and is a highly interactive and dynamic field trip which:
“This program offered by Higher Ground stimulates Life Skills Development and Higher Values for students. What’s more, the environment is exciting and safe – it’s great for everyone regardless of athletic ability!”
Who is This Program For?
Physical education students
Students of any curriculum where outcome based learning includes the development of Effective Communication Skills, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Fear Management and generalizing specific knowledge and skills to real life situations. Athletic skills are NOT necessary.
Higher Ground Indoor Wall Climbing and Learning Centre – Half Day Curriculum Outline
- Introduction and objectives – 10 minutes
- Discussion of climbing as an experience to pursue Higher “personal” Ground (Growth, Awareness and Physical Fitness) – 10 minutes
- Instruction and practice regarding safe climbing skills development (stretching, equipment, basic knots, techniques, belaying and planning the climbing route) – 40 minutes
- Review of the five basic Learn How to Learn principles. Discussion of learning process in climbing leading to applications to other parts of their lives – 20 minutes
- Team “cooperative” challenge (climbing groups of four) to problem solve, plan, implement and evaluate process – 45 minutes
- Small group discussions on trust, being needed and being capable to meet others’ needs – 20 minutes
- Open climbing activities – 20 minutes
|Parents and Teachers||No charge|
|Half Day (2 – 3 Hours)||$17.99 + tax /Person (Minimum 10 Students)|
|Full Day (4 – 5 Hours)||$25 + tax/Person (Minimum 10 Students)|
|Class Instruction as Part of the Course||$3.25/Person/Session (Minimum 16 Students – 10 Sessions – 1 Hours Classes Over Several Days/Weeks)|
All above school group programs include instruction, climbing pass and harness. Programs also available to accelerate development of high performance teams (Student Council, Department Heads, Staff). Instruction is modified depending on age of students and recommendations from the teacher. All taxes are extra.
Basic Meal Package
Your group can choose one of our optional Meal Packages or purchase directly from either the Snackbar at the Clubhouse or the Intake Grill at Intencity. We offer a variety of hot food and cool treats. The Basic Meal Package is served at the Intencity building – for details see below:
Basic Meal Package
|Includes your choice of:||Comes with:|
|$10.93/person, plus tax||Hamburger (1/4 lb)||Potato Chips|
|Jumbo hot dog||Small Pop|
|Pizza slice with pepperoni||Desserts or a cool treat are also available on request!|
|Pizza with cheese only (vegetarian option)|